According to the report; More than 1.3 million new users joined social media every day in 2020. This equates to around 15½ new users per second.
A typical social media user spends at least 2 hours and 25 minutes on social media every day, which means we spend 1 day a week on social media.
If we evaluate the use of social media on a country-by-country basis, the Philippines is the country that uses social media the most in the world with 4 hours and 15 minutes, followed by Colombia.
The report shows us that users in Japan spend less than an hour a day on social media. However, this year’s 51 minutes of usage is 13% higher than last year.
Which Social Media is Most Used and Downloaded?
As always, Facebook takes its first place among the most used social media. YouTube comes next with 2.291 Million.
The biggest factor in people’s use of social media is that they want to be informed about current events. After that comes fun content and videos.
If we look at the use of social media in general;
- 98.3% of people access Facebook from their mobile devices.
- 2 billion users visit YouTube every month.
- The interaction rate of all posts shared on Instagram is 0.85%, but the interaction rate of Bulgaria Phone Number List carousel posts is 1.05%, compared to others.
- Men use LinkedIn with 56.9% and women with 43.1%.
- The country where Snapchat is used the most is Saudi Arabia with 71.4%. The least used country is Thailand.
- The number of female users on Twitter is 31.5% and the number of male users is 68.5%.
- The number of monthly users of TikTok, which is on the rise, is 689 million, and 56 million people downloaded this application in December 2020.
- The number of monthly active users of Telegram, which does not fall on the agenda due to the privacy application of Whatsapp, is 500 million.
In addition, 98% of those who use social media definitely use another social media.
Mobile Usage Rates
According to data from App Annie , Android users around the world spend more than 4 hours on their phones every day. This means that Android users have spent a total of more than 3.5 trillion hours on the phone in the last 12 months.
According to data from GWI , a typical internet user spends 3 hours and 39 minutes on their phone using the mobile internet, compared to watching TV for a total of 3 hours and 24 minutes a day. Email Lists
Internet Usage Rates in 2021
The average internet user spends almost 7 hours a day online using the internet on any device, be it desktop or mobile, which means he’s online for more than 48 hours a week.